Seasonal Customer Service Representative - Nutrien Ag Solutions (Trochu, AB, Canada)
2020 Spring Season May – August
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Receives customers, answers their questions regarding product availability and commodity/service prices, completes order forms for order given and received payments for sales made.
- If required, work with operations staff and customers via telephone, in person, or by email, to complete the product bookings and/or product orders and forward to operations staff for shipment when required.
- Under the direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, monitors accounts receivable and credit limits
- Receives and posts payments to customer accounts – while ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Print Daily Reports as required under Policy and Procedures including the “End of Day Report”, and “Payments Listing”. Reconcile cheque and credit card payments daily.
- Maintains confidential office records and files covering daily transactions made at the facility that includes customer invoices, stock transfers and shipment notices.
- Under the direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, assist with National Safety Code file submission and maintenance
- Under the direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, assist with the corporate Environment Health and Safety Program. May include tracking staff training, submitting required paperwork to Asmark and completing Monthly Meeting Minutes and/or Site Inspections.
- Under the direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, assist with new hire and re-hire paperwork as required by the Human Resources Department. Maintain confidential employee files for each employee.
- Under the direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, co-ordinate and track accounts payable
- Complete administrative correspondence as required; including but not limited to letters, memo’s and emails.
- Under direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, plan and set up branch displays as required.
- Compile and provide information on items such as stocks in store, product sales, prices, shipments and accounts outstanding as requested by the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
- Assist with inventory control by tracking inventory coming in and going out of the location. Prepare stock transfers and product orders as required.
- Assist with inventory spot checks and monthly/yearly inventory cut-offs.
- Maintain and order office supplies.
- Open and distribute incoming mail and packages, and direct outgoing mail on a daily basis.
- Assist location in the receipt of shipments of supplies and/or inventory. Check shipments for damaged articles, quality and quantity of merchandise received, and places goods in designated storage areas as required.
- Complies with Nutrien and Industry regulatory and EH&S standards at all times
- Restocks shelves from stock room supplies and, upon approval of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, orders stock which has reached a low level.
- Under the direction of the manager, reorder or request stock/inventory which has reached a low level.
- Performs necessary housekeeping duties.
- Performs the responsibilities of other market area positions during staff absences in order to optimize the efficiency of market area operations. This will require cross-training in various market area functions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
What you will bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous customer service experience (minimum of one year). Knowledge of farm supply products and services a definite asset.
- Computer competent, with demonstrated ability in the use of word processing, database and spreadsheet software
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationship with branch personnel, peers and customers
- Demonstrated ability to produce neat and accurate work with attention to detail.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and safety conscious
- Effective time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter