Seasonal Operations Support - Nutrien Ag Solutions (Kindersley, SK, Canada)
2020 Spring Season April - August
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Draws farm supplies from warehousing stock to fill customer orders
- Makes deliveries or assists with the co-ordination of shipment with the transportation organization
- Assists in the identification of blending opportunities
- Completes farm supply shipping documentation
- Checks for damaged articles, quality and quantity and records quantities received and reports to manager/supervisor with regard to damaged items and shortages
- Operates and services equipment used in the movement of farm supplies
- Operates by industry regulations in the handling and storage of farm supplies
- Completes related documentation
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of a positive image program at the branch
- Keeps the manager informed of levels of existing stock
- Complies with all Nutrien and Industry regulatory and safety standards at all times
- Keeps facilities and grounds clean and tidy, well maintained, and free of fire hazards
- Carries out a regular preventative maintenance program and conducts minor repairs
- Maintains stock control records
- Performs other related duties as required
What you will bring:
- Demonstrated high level of customer service.
- Ability to achieve warehousing license, WHMIS, TDG
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern farm practices and industry regulations
- Demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to meet and deal with the public effectively
- Effective communication and time management skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Mechanical operation and maintenance
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time under all weather conditions
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the functions of the job including good eyesight and color perception
- One year operational experience preferred with demonstrated equipment operations and maintenance skills
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver's license - preference will be given to candidates that hold a 3A or 1A
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter