Crop Consultant – Nutrien Ag Solutions (Dwight, Illinois, USA)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Management of existing customer base to ensure levels of service and product knowledge information in the Specialty/Horticulture crop business to retain customer base
- Identify new key customers, understand their business, determine their needs and issues and supply solutions for sales growth with these customers
- Communicate with branch management to understand and incorporate initiatives, objectives and strategies to enhance service/product offerings to customer base and attract new customers
- Learn and promote value added Loveland nutritional, and crop protection products to develop sales programs for customer base
- Maintains sales programs, forecasting and analysis for assigned territory
- Responsible for credit policies and managing risk for company
- Monitors competitive activity and trends
- Responsible for continued education on marketing techniques, products and services. Training will also be provided by Nutrien
- Provides training to Crop Consultant Trainee’s, Interns and other employees as needed
- Implement marketing and sales plans, establish and meet sales goals and network with industry representatives to expand sales opportunities
- Interprets soil, tissue and water analysis
- Build product and market knowledge to add understanding and credibility to your customers
- Maintains and builds customer service through primary contact between your customers and Nutrien Branch for Sales activities (orders, deliveries, credit, etc.)
- Present professional image to our customer through personal appearance and customer interactions
- Strictly follow all company policies which include safety, regulatory and credit
- Other duties as assigned
What you will bring:
- Associates degree in soil or weed science, agronomy, crop production or a combination of work and sales experience in Specialty Crop sales
- Knowledge of agricultural production, practices and product features, benefits and use
- Interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationships with location personnel, peers and customers
- Detail and accuracy orientation with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Smart Phone and I-Pad Apps and Precision Agriculture
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter