Senior Director, Global Crop Protection – Nutrien Ag Solutions (Loveland CO, US)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Lead the global crop protection strategy development and execution plan
- Lead and accountable for the global crop protection vision, priorities and strategy
- Develop, gain alignment and build execution plan on the crop protection strategy by crop
- Leads and owns the global crop protection strategy
- Cross functional leader of Integrated Business Planning and Project Foundation in collaboration with the marketing, finance and supply chain teams
- Own and be accountable for strategic supplier management, collaborations and negotiations
- Global accountability for supplier relations, collaborations and negotiations
- Ensure strategic supplier margin and working capital improvement through collaborations and negotiations
- Ensure global supplier management rebate management excellence
- Ensure country and regional collaboration for insights and execution excellence
- Collaborate for marketing and solutions ideation, development and negotiation
- Internal collaboration with Fertilizer, Seeds, Wholesale, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, Legal, etc.
- Internal collaboration with countries, regions and divisions
- External collaboration with strategic suppliers and adjacent players
- Thought leader in strategic portfolio planning and optimization
- Ensure portfolio plans are built across all indications and in alignment with crop strategies, drive / monitor execution
- Ensure Branded and Generic portfolio strategy for maximum margin and greater customer satisfaction
- Accountable for global crop protection portfolio ideation process, development approach and prioritization
- Ensure collaboration excellence with Loveland Products for strategy builds and execution excellence
- Be the leader of the global crop protection business and people / team development plan
- Be seen as the global retail crop protection leader, collaborating to set direction and building the world’s best crop protection team including potential Board Member seat on Crop Life of America.
- Ensure and collaborate to build annual business plan to deliver profitable market share growth
- Ensure there is a people development plan for crop protection marketing and selling excellence
- Build people development plans for each direct report and collaborate with other managers to ensure alignment with their direct reports, e.g.: Country CP Managers, Regional CP Managers, Divisional CP Managers
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and MBA is optional
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in CP P&L, operations, retail / distribution, negotiations and people leadership / management
- A combination of education and skills will be considered including preferred global crop protection marketing and product management experience
- Must have the ability to work with and maintain a good working relationship with a diverse employee and customer base
- Effectively demonstrate self-motivation, initiative, assertiveness and results orientation
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple people, priorities and projects simultaneously
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills, including presentation skills
- Must have excellent leadership skills
- Ability to travel as needed. Required travel estimated between 40-50%
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a background check and drug screen are required
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter