Director, Generic Crop Protection and Southern Hemisphere Strategic Supplier Management – Nutrien Ag Solutions (Loveland CO, US)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Lead the North American strategy development and execution plan for crop protection
- Lead and accountable to develop the Global Generic crop protection vision, priorities and strategy in collaboration with Business functions, Australia, Brazil, Argentina, NA Regions (RMs and RCMs), North American Head of Crop Protection, Loveland Products, etc.
- Develop, gain alignment and build execution plan on the Global Generic and Southern Hemisphere crop protection strategy by crop and supplier in collaboration with Business functions, Australia, Brazil, Argentina, NA Regions (RMs and RCMs), North American Head of Crop Protection, Loveland Products, etc.
- Leads, develops and owns the Global Generic crop protection strategy in collaboration with Business functions, Australia, Brazil, Argentina, NA Regions (RMs and RCMs), North American Head of Crop Protection, Loveland Products, etc.
- Leads, develops and collaborates with Australia, Brazil and Argentina crop protection leaders, Loveland Products and Business functions to develop a strategy for growth, leverage and margin improvement
- Cross functional crop protection leader of Integrated Business Planning and Project Foundation in collaboration with the Loveland Products, Finance and Supply Chain teams
- Collaborates with Australia, Brazil and Argentina crop protection leaders, Loveland Products and Business functions to develop a strategy for growth, leverage and margin improvement
- Collaborate for development and alignment of Generic crop protection supplier management negotiations and Loveland Products strategy
- Collaborate for R&D supplier insights, direction setting and potential cross-country leverage
- Collaborate for people and team development opportunities and improvement plans
- Own and be accountable for Generic crop protection strategic supplier management, collaborations and negotiations
- Accountable for Generic crop protection supplier relations, collaborations and negotiations
- Ensure Generic crop protection strategic supplier margin and working capital improvement with Loveland Products through collaborations and negotiations
- Ensure Generic crop protection technical purchases are in alignment and collaboration with Loveland Products and Supply Chain
- Responsible for technical and generic supply input into the S&OP process for Loveland Products including being creative on managing long lead items and downstream demand variance.
- Ensure global collaboration for insights and execution excellence including Generic crop protection supplier consolidation for leverage with Loveland Products
- Work closely with Supply Chain to eliminate SKU proliferation and reduce overall working capital as it relates to Generic crop protection
- Align sourcing strategy to minimize logistics, storage, and delivery costs allowing Nutrien Ag Solutions to participate in collecting any premium internally.
- Collaborate and ideate with Generic crop protection strategic suppliers for Supply Chain, Regional and Global leverage
- Internal collaboration with Supply Chain and Loveland Products for manufacturing leverage
- Internal collaboration with countries, regions and divisions for ideation
- External collaboration with Generic strategic suppliers
- Thought leader in Generic crop protection strategic portfolio planning and optimization
- Ensure Loveland Products portfolio plans are built across all indications and in alignment with crop strategies, drive / monitor execution
- Ensure collaboration for R&D and Generic crop protection portfolio strategy for maximum margin and greater customer satisfaction, leader of Project SCOPE
- Ensure collaboration excellence with Loveland Products for strategy builds and execution excellence
- Be one of the leaders in the Generic crop protection business and people / team development plan
- Be seen as the Generic retail crop protection leader, collaborating to set direction and building the best Generic strategy with Loveland products
- Ensure and collaborate to build annual business plan to deliver profitable market share growth
- Collaborate with South Hemisphere for people development opportunities and ensure alignment with other, e.g.: Country, Regional, and Divisional CP Managers
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree is required and a MBA is optional.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in CP P&L, operations, retail / distribution, negotiations and people leadership / management.
- A combination of education and skills will be considered including preferred global crop protection marketing and product management experience
- Must have the ability to work with and maintain a good working relationship with a diverse employee and customer base.
- Effectively demonstrate self-motivation, initiative, assertiveness and results orientation.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple people, priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills, including presentation skills.
- Must have excellent leadership skills
- Ability to travel as needed. Required travel estimated between 40-50%
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a background check and drug screen are required
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter