Mechanical Integrity Engineer – Nutrien Ag Solutions (Loveland, CO, US)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
This position supports process safety through continuous improvement of mechanical integrity and equipment reliability across Nutrien Ag Solutions US manufacturing sites and terminals. Reliable and predictable equipment functionality is a foundational element of a strong process safety program. Daily work will include active engagement with facilities to provide guidance and structure to inspection, testing, and preventive maintenance (ITPM) programs, ownership of best practice documentation, and participation in PSM activities such as audits, PHAs, management of change, personnel training, and incident investigations as they relate to mechanical integrity. The ideal candidate will be a strong team-oriented, collaborative individual with a proven track record in building and/or supporting mechanical integrity programs and developing documentation for standard mechanical integrity practices. Respect for individual diversity and an eagerness to collaborate, assist, and approach challenges with a determined attitude to succeed together are essential. This person will be the Nutrien Ag Solutions division technical MI lead and will support related process safety management activities, as required. This role will be based in Loveland, CO and may require 25-50% travel.
What you will do:
- Manage overall PSM Mechanical Integrity (MI) program for Nutrien Ag Solutions, providing mechanical integrity expertise and oversight for manufacturing sites and terminals to ensure personnel safety, environmental stewardship and regulatory compliance.
- Develop, implement, and improve mechanical integrity best practices (procedures, predictive and preventive maintenance) in accordance with appropriate codes, standards, and industry guidelines.
- Ensure systematic and consistent implementation of work methods and procedures used in maintenance and inspection, and recommend improvements to reduce risk and optimize efficiency.
- Provide technical support to engineers, operations, and maintenance staff to ensure PSM process equipment is designed, maintained, changed, operated, and decommissioned in a responsible manner that complies with industry recognized and generally accepted good engineering practices (RAGAGEPs).
- Assist with the development and review of inspection, testing and preventive maintenance (ITPM) plans for mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation and controls equipment.
- Manage Nutrien Ag Solutions inspection and corrosion control program: monitor and oversee the execution of site inspection programs, help assess deterioration/corrosion, and ensure timely maintenance of affected equipment.
- Coordinate or conduct fitness-for-service evaluations.
- Oversee Nutrien Ag Solutions relief device management program, including coordination and/or oversight and review of relief calculations, and device testing and replacement schedules.
- Participate in process hazard analyses (PHAs) and project design reviews as mechanical integrity technical resource.
- Assist with incident investigation and root cause analysis of mechanical failures.
- Conduct compliance audits focusing on all aspects of Mechanical Integrity.
- Track manufacturing sites’ and terminals’ mechanical integrity KPIs to drive continual improvement at the program and site/terminal level.
- Work closely with all disciplines to identify opportunities for improvement and ensure plant processes are aligned to provide maximum output levels and efficiencies.
- Complete special projects as needed and any other tasks assigned to support personnel safety, business continuity and growth.
What you will bring:
- Respect for individual diversity and eagerness to collaborate, assist, and approach challenges with a determined attitude to succeed together
- Expertise in mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and controls systems inspection, testing, and preventive maintenance
- Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills that can be applied to equipment systems and program development/improvement opportunities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team context with excellent time management and organization skills
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical, mechanical, or industrial engineering, or equivalent background and experience
- 10+ years in an industrial processing environment, with mechanical integrity systems, maintenance and reliability expertise
- A specific background or knowledge of chemical processing, with anhydrous ammonia experience preferred
- Experience with robust process safety management (PSM) and mechanical integrity programs preferred
- Experience with SAP, Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, Visio, and 2D CAD software preferred
- Ability to work in a Safety First, drug free work environment - required to pass the Drug & Alcohol Testing
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter