Operations Lead – Nutrien Ag Solutions (Kane, MB, CAN)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, this position is responsible for supporting the sale and distribution of agri-products and services.
What you will do:
- Assists in the daily operation of the Branch
- Maintains facility assets in a safe manner
- Provides customer service for internal and external customers
- Complies with all Nutrien Ag Solutions’ and Industry regulatory and EH&S standards at all times
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with staff and customers
- Unloads, loads and delivers agri-products
- Participates in the inventory management and control procedures
- Makes recommendations to enhance performance of equipment
- In conjunction with maintenance staff, and/or maintenance contractors performs equipment repair and maintenance
- Operates in accordance with health, safety and fire prevention regulations and practices
- Keeps equipment and facilities clean, well-maintained and free of fire hazards
- Performs the responsibilities of other regional operations positions during staff absences in order to optimize the efficiency of regional operations and may require cross training in various positions
- Performs other duties as required
What you will bring::
- Effective time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities, may be considered
- Grade 12 or recognized equivalent, supplemented with successful completion of Certificate in Agriculture, Agri-Business Certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education
- Demonstrated experience in vocational, agricultural, or a combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 2-3 years operational experience
- Required knowledge/understanding of branch operation and equipment
- Ability to work independently or as a part of an effective team
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner
- Must possess a valid class 5 or 3 driver’s license
- Ability to meet the Nutrien Ag Solutions’ policy requirement by completing a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Driving Record Abstract
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter