Sales Representative - International – Nutrien Ag Solutions (Albany, OR/US)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The Sales Representative position is responsible for the implementation of sales plans and development of marketing strategies. The sales representative is accountable for meeting and exceeding annual sale goals and profit margins as directed by the OreGro International Business Manager.
What you will do:
- The primary role of this position is to implement strategic marketing and sales plans for the company, focusing on global sales growth and market expansion.
- Maintain professional and efficient relationships with international customers.
- Increase the international customer base by building strong partnerships.
- Responsible for developing and increase the sales on the designated geographical areas.
- Work closely with the production and logistics department to ensure the right products are being produced and delivered on time.
- The position is responsible for meeting sales goals established by the company.
- Responsible for preparing a monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales report analysis and provide effective feedback.
- Communicating both short and long-term goals.
- Identify and share key opportunities in the changing marketplace and communicate to the International Business Manager.
- Represent OreGro in international meetings.
- Responsible for supervising documentation for international shipments, and to make sure they are in compliance with the destination country’s regulations.
- Must communicate current activities and results, and maintain appropriate records to OreGro’s International Business Manager.
- Safety – Drive and maintain a strong culture of safety in all aspects of the business and facilities with all employees.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Agricultural related field strongly desired.
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years sales experience in the seed business industry.
- Ability to speak other languages is desirable.
- A combination of education and skills will be considered.
- Must have the ability to work and maintain a good working relationship with an extremely diverse employee and customer base.
- Effectively demonstrate self-motivation, initiative, assertiveness, and results orientation.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills along with organizational abilities, interpersonal and presentation skills along with strong technological skills including Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner and able to keep information confidential.
- Ability to have an issued passport.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a background check and drug screen are required.
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter