Specialty Crop Consultant, Sodus New York
Position – Specialty Crop Consultant With emphasis on perennial fruit– Northeast Division
Location: Wayne County NY
- Management of existing customer base to ensure levels of service and product knowledge information in the Specialty/Horticulture crop business to retain customer base.
- Identify new key customers, understand their business, determine their needs and issues and supply solutions for sales growth with these customers.
- Communicate with branch management to understand and incorporate initiatives, objectives and strategies to enhance service/product offerings to customer base and attract new customers.
- Learn and promote value added Loveland nutritional, adjuvant and crop protection products to develop sales programs for customer base.
- Maintains sales programs, forecasting and analysis for assigned territory.
- Responsible for credit policies and managing risk for company
- Monitors competitive activity and trends
- Responsible for continued education on marketing techniques, products and services. Training will also be provided by Nutrien
- Provides training to Crop Consultant Trainee’s, Interns and other employees as needed
- Implement marketing and sales plans, establish and meet sales goals and network with industry representatives to expand sales opportunities.
- Interprets soil, tissue and water analysis
- Build product and market knowledge to add understanding and credibility to your customers.
- Maintains and builds customer service thru primary contact between your customers and Nutrien Branch for Sales activities (orders, deliveries, credit, etc.)
- Present professional image to our customer through personal appearance and customer interactions
- Strictly follow all company policies which include safety, regulatory and credit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in soil or weed science, agronomy, crop production or a combination of work and sales experience in Specialty Crop sales.
- Knowledge of agricultural production, practices and product features, benefits and use
- Interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationships with location personnel, peers and customers.
- Detail and accuracy orientation with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Smart Phone and I-Pad Apps and Precision Agriculture.
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Nutrien Ag Solutions, a Nutrien Company, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien Ag Solution policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran