Senior Accountant, Retail Projects, Foundation - (Loveland, Colorado, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Cost analysis/management and reporting on the Foundation project
- Create, implement and maintain financial/operational reporting, dashboards and KPIs to track the project’s financial progress
- Update and analyze project budgets and forecasts for accuracy
- Develop/maintain desktop procedures and process documentation for area of responsibility
- Review/reconcile all incoming invoices for accuracy, proper approvals and coding
- Interact with vendors regarding invoice issues and requests for detailed information
- Respond to special requests for accounting/financial information internally and externally
- Compare work completed to date against forecasted schedule
- Work closely with leaders on project budgets – actual vs. cost to complete, job progress, potential overruns
- Prepare journal entries to make necessary corrections, allocations, accruals and reclassifications
- Attend project-related meetings and collaborate with the project team
- Prepare, present and defend current project status and analysis to PMO, Steering Committee, Financial Leadership group and Retail Leadership team
- Answer questions and provide details and/or color on the project status and/or issues to Management
- Maintain a proactive, forward thinking approach to anticipation of questions and/or stakeholder needs
- Other duties as assigned
What you will bring:
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 3-5 or more years of Accounting experience
- Experience in financial analysis budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning
- Experience in project accounting, tracking invoices, project costs, budgets and contract management
- Experience in creating and implementing reports
- Ability to influence and collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and work well with competing deadlines
- Self-Motivated attitude, innovative, forward-thinking
- Strong MS Excel skills – financial modeling, formulas, financial statements
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to comfortably speak to all levels of management
- Strong leadership skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter