Bilingual Safety Manager - Alpaugh, CA
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
As a member of the site leadership team in a manufacturing environment, the Safety Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and improvement of the plant safety programs. This includes ensuring that employees comply with the programs and that safety performance results are tracked and reported to plant and Corporate Management.
What you'll do:
- Accountable for safety program compliance with all applicable plant, Corporate and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Accountable for Emergency Response functions, roles and responsibilities in accordance with the site emergency response plan.
- Establish Safety Key Performance Indicators for the facility and develop programs to achieve them.
- Support management/supervision to ensure all site employees understand and comply with all applicable regulatory, plant and Corporate Safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for compliance with all aspects of the Safety regulations as well as consulting with management/engineering on Process Safety Management (PSM) at the facility.
- Lead and maintains an integrated safety management system from Corporate Safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Interact with the Director of EHS and Security, Regional EHS and Security Manager, Plant Manager and other site managers.
- Manage, improve and report on company hazard recognition program and risk mitigation programs such as Near Miss Reporting, W.H.A.T. Card, and Job Task Observation
- Ensure that site personnel are adequately trained with respect to applicable safety matters.
- Coordinate internal audits as required to ensure the safety management system is being adequately followed by both management and the work force. Leads the plant in preparing for and compliance with all Corporate Safety Audit requirements.
- Lead communication on learnings from internal and/or external incident investigations and ensures integration of new learnings.
- Chair the Safety Committee.
- Responsible for all safety-related permit programs such as confined space, hot work, elevated work and line breaking.
- Promote a team relationship within the site operations team.
- Perform such other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Coordinate plant IH monitoring.
What you'll bring:
- Must be Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- BS in Safety or Industrial Hygiene, or 5-years related experience in Safety Management in a chemical and / or fertilizer manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of OSHA, including PSM, and State safety regulations, standards and permit requirements.
- Strong leadership, managerial, technical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- The ability to operate a computer, specifically the MS Office suite of programs, Cad programs, ESS Compliance Suite.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and manage time well.
- ASP or CSP certification preferred.
- Good manual dexterity
- Able to climb stairs and ladders
- Must be physically and medically capable of wearing a respirator.
- Good speech, vision and hearing
- Able to occasionally lift up to 70 lbs.
- Able to work in an office environment
- Able to work in a cold, hot, dusty, humid and noisy chemical manufacturing environment while wearing personal protective equipment (PPE)
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter