Assistant Manager – Nutrien Ag Solutions (Warner, AB, CAN)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
This position is accountable for obtaining business results through developing, maintaining and expanding the customer base within the geographic area as well as operational support in relation to the marketing of agri-products. The purpose of this role is to assist the Branch Manager in all aspects of the branch sales, operations, supervision and management of staff, and safety components of the business.
What you will do:
- Manages a client base within the parameters of the divisional strategy to ensure financial and operating targets are met and/or exceeded yet maintains balance with customer needs and customer service objectives
- Establishes, maintains and conducts ongoing analysis of customer profiles in order to identify and act upon trends, market requirements and potential business opportunities
- Demonstrates high degree of knowledge in order to provide accurate and timely information/advice to current and potential customers
- Demonstrates talent for bargaining and negotiating while ensuring all procurement and sales practices are congruent with corporate policy, image and direction and respect confidentiality of both company and producer’s business
- Analyzes current and future agricultural trends and service needs and develops and implemented strategies and actions to create opportunities including asset ROI and utilization reports
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships with current and potential future customers based on an approach of targeting customers with whom the company can profitability do business
- Supervises the checking of merchandise received for quality and quantity and makes the necessary notations on the weigh bills
- Organizes and supervises work activities of staff in receiving, storing, assembling, distributing and selling farm supplies
- Responsible for the daily management and supervision of branch staff which includes the scheduling of hours of work
- Assists the Branch Manager in the implementing all aspects of human resource management, including performance management (which involves discipline and work assessments), coaching, and making recommendations for hiring and discharging
- Maintains procedures for the efficient and safe warehousing of all merchandise received with regard to space, accessibility and positioning stock to prevent losses
- Keeps informed of competitor activities within the market area and recommends marketing program and service revisions
- Keeps the manager informed of levels of existing stock and prepares orders for additional supplies within guidelines as required effectively managing inventory and assets
- Reviews customer accounts to ensure payments are within approved credit policy and performs collection functions as required
- Supervises and participates in housekeeping programs, which promote safe working conditions and provide neat, clean appearance
- Complies and enforces all Nutrien Ag Solutions and Industry regulatory and EH&S standards at all times
- Provides customers service to internal & external customers
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of a positive image program
- Coordinates that branch staff tasks under the direction of the branch manager
- Performs the responsibilities of other branch positions during staff absences in order to optimize the efficiency of regional operations - this may require cross training in various positions
- Participates in trade shows, including developing promotional themes, booth layout, set up and show attendance
- Performs other related duties as required
What you will bring:
- Demonstrated ability to assess risk and exercise sound judgment in decision making
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop people
- Demonstrated ability to manager within the terms of the human resources policies
- Good persuasive and motivational skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function, a minimum of 2 years of which involved agri-product sales and service and a valid class 5 driver’s licence
- Successful completion of a Certificate in Agriculture Program, Agri-Business Certificate or equivalent post-secondary education preferred
- Must possess a minimum Class 5 driver’s licence (1 or 3 preferred)
- Solid understanding of fertilizer and agricultural chemical usage
- Required knowledge/understanding of branch operation and equipment
- Understanding of the agricultural demands and practices of the division
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter