Agronomist, Viking, AB
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, this position is responsible for developing and supporting both internal and external customer base in the Branch's Applied Agronomic Services.
- Recommend appropriate Nutrien products and fertilizer products to customers.
- Identifies, procures and manages grower demonstration plots for varietal comparison purposes.
- Gathers, compiles, analyzes and interprets test results and prepares and forwards progress reports.
- Designs and inspects program experiments, records, notes and seasonal staff logbooks. Ensures that application of seeding, fertility and pesticide occurs when weather conditions are optimal.
- Actively searches for new opportunities that will enhance or expand the Company’s market presence.
- Plans and conducts the field testing of designated research material using defined methods that will ensure accuracy and optimize results under experimental protocol.
- Interacts with Division and Branch Management to convey results and provide recommendations based on active knowledge of marketing requirements.
- Distributes variety information and recommendations to staff and customers. Attends and participates in customer information meetings as directed. Presents technical information related to seed varieties and other marketing programs.
- Liaises with appropriate industry contacts.
- Assist in the promotion and recommendation of Proven Seed varieties and Loveland Products and Echelon services to farm customers through product knowledge and local field trials.
- Identify local weed species, and be familiar with the biology and control of local pests.
- Interpret soil and tissue tests and required, and be able to recommend best practices for soil fertility management for local customers.
- Understand proper method for soil or tissue testing for customers as required.
- Complies with Nutrien and Industry regulatory and EH& S standards.
- Performs other duties as required
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern farm practices and industry regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and deal with the public effectively. An aptitude to analyze markets.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the functions of the job.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationship with branch personnel, peers and customers.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills to small and large groups.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and safety conscious.
- Applicant should have experience with crops, pesticides, and fertilizers in the current market.
- Effective time management, planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner.
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Diploma in Agriculture at a recognized college or university.
- Minimum of two (2) years of applied agronomy and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to complete a Criminal Background Check, Drug & Alcohol Testing, and Driving Record Abstract as required by Nutrien Ag Solutions policies.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien Ag Solutions’ policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.