Terminal Manager – Brandon, MB
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Region Manager, this position is responsible for management and operation of the Fertilizer Distribution Terminal. The Terminal Manager implements and maintains Nutrien Ag Solution’s reputation as a strong leader of Agriculture Inputs in the industry.
- Develops, implements and manages the Branch business plan and operating budget, including operating, financial and sales objectives
- Directs all aspects and daily operations of the Fertilizer Distribution Terminal to ensure safety, efficiency and profitability
- Supervises product movement including receiving, warehousing and shipping of product for the Fertilizer Distribution Terminal
- Supervises inventory management including the completion of inventory audits for the Fertilizer Distribution Terminal
- Supervises the planning and scheduling of fertilizer shipments based on retail needs for the Fertilizer Distribution Terminal
- Monitors and assesses distribution processes and terminal mechanical operating system efficiencies. Makes recommendations to improve operational efficiency for the Fertilizer Distribution Terminal to ensure continuous improvement and alignment with operational goals
- Supervises maintenance and repair of rolling stock, terminal mechanical operating systems and fertilizer distribution terminal buildings to ensure safety standards are maintained in accordance with industry and Nutrien Ag Solutions’ regulations
- Analyses capital requirements and provides recommendations regarding capital budget needs Responsible for all aspects of human resource management including hiring, promoting, performance management, coaching and discharging within company policy and regulatory compliance
- Provides for effective staff development and training at the Fertilizer Distribution Terminal.
- Monitors and tracks expenses for the Fertilizer Distribution Terminal
- Reports on operational results for the Fertilizer Distribution Terminal
- Responsible for ensuring provision for and compliance with SH&E policies, programs and regulations to maintain a safe work environment and achieve a high department safety index within the Fertilizer Distribution Terminal. Facilitates and/or attends appropriate safety meetings for the Fertilizer Terminal
- Performs other related duties as required
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationship with operational staff, peers and branch personnel
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills to small and large groups with the ability to lead and influence
- Effective time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Must be dependable, reliable, and safety conscious
- Must be able to think calmly in high stress environment, and perform under pressure
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the handling and distribution of agri-products - preferably fertilizer - equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities, may be considered
- Grade 12 or recognized equivalent
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s licence
- Ability to meet the Nutrien Ag Solutions’ policy requirement by completing a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Driving Record Abstract
Nutrien Ag Solutions is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien Ag Solutions’ policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.