Regional Transportation Coordinator, Loveland CO, US
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Job Summary: The Regional Transportation Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the planning, analyzing, and optimization of the transportation network within their assigned region. Scope of responsibilities include booking to delivery, meeting service standards, driving cost savings, minimizing risk, and maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local compliance regulations.
- Work with business partners and carriers to route, coordinate, consolidate and expedite shipments
- Prepare shipping documents and retain shipping records
- Gather and analyze information to evaluate and recommend shipment options and prepare transportation plans
- Prepare and communicate shipment routing instructions
- Provide instructions and coordination on international and domestic freight shipments
- Adhere to federal, state, and local regulation requirements within region
- Apply knowledge of logistics and transportation methodologies in support of organizational objectives
- Collect and analyze data and information from multiple sources in support of transportation and logistics business initiatives
- Assist with a variety of support services including freight bill audit and related activities, contracts management and negotiations team functions
- Provide support for the development of freight transportation statement of work to secure cost-effective transportation services.
- Investigate loss and damage claims to carriers
- Analyze transportation service providers and overall operational performance data, including, but not limited to costs and service level review
- Support defining logistics, freight management and export control programs
- Support the design of transportation plans and solutions
- Identify opportunities to streamline and standardize processes
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction, material flow improvement, and business development
- Ensure that logistics system is operated in accordance with local, state and federal customs laws
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Supply Chain, Transportation, Logistics, or related field of study;
- 1-2 years of professional logistics experience
- Experience analyzing large sets of data, identifying trends, drawing conclusions and identifying necessary actions
- Proficient using MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Ability to be a team player, but also take initiative to work independently
- Careful attention to detail and good with numbers
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with application of Lean practices and tools
- Experience with transportation data analysis
- Experience with Cass Transportation tools
- Experience with Share Point
- Experience with a Transportation Management System
Nutrien Ag Solutions, a Nutrien Company, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien Ag Solution policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran