Seasonal Customer Service Representative - Trochu, AB (2019 Spring Season - April to August - Temp, Part-time)
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
- Receives customers, answers their questions regarding product availability and commodity/service prices, completes order forms for order given and received payments for sales made.
- If required, work with operations staff and customers via telephone, in person, or by email, to complete the product bookings and/or product orders and forward to operations staff for shipment when required.
- Under the direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, monitors accounts receivable and credit limits
- Receives and posts payments to customer accounts – while ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Print Daily Reports as required under Policy and Procedures including the “End of Day Report”, and “Payments Listing”. Reconcile cheque and credit card payments daily.
- Maintains confidential office records and files covering daily transactions made at the facility that includes customer invoices, stock transfers and shipment notices.
- Under the direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, assist with National Safety Code file submission and maintenance
- Under the direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, assist with the corporate Environment Health and Safety Program. May include tracking staff training, submitting required paperwork to Asmark and completing Monthly Meeting Minutes and/or Site Inspections.
- Under the direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, assist with new hire and re-hire paperwork as required by the Human Resources Department. Maintain confidential employee files for each employee.
- Under the direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, co-ordinate and track accounts payable
- Complete administrative correspondence as required; including but not limited to letters, memo’s and emails.
- Under direction of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, plan and set up branch displays as required.
- Compile and provide information on items such as stocks in store, product sales, prices, shipments and accounts outstanding as requested by the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager.
- Assist with inventory control by tracking inventory coming in and going out of the location. Prepare stock transfers and product orders as required.
- Assist with inventory spot checks and monthly/yearly inventory cut-offs.
- Maintain and order office supplies.
- Open and distribute incoming mail and packages, and direct outgoing mail on a daily basis.
- Assist location in the receipt of shipments of supplies and/or inventory. Check shipments for damaged articles, quality and quantity of merchandise received, and places goods in designated storage areas as required.
- Complies with Nutrien and Industry regulatory and EH&S standards at all times
- Restocks shelves from stock room supplies and, upon approval of the Branch Manager and/or Assistant Manager, orders stock which has reached a low level.
- Under the direction of the manager, reorder or request stock/inventory which has reached a low level.
- Performs necessary housekeeping duties.
- Performs the responsibilities of other market area positions during staff absences in order to optimize the efficiency of market area operations. This will require cross-training in various market area functions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Computer competent, with demonstrated ability in the use of word processing, database and spreadsheet software
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationship with branch personnel, peers and customers
- Demonstrated ability to produce neat and accurate work with attention to detail.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and safety conscious
- Effective time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous customer service experience (minimum of one year).
- Knowledge of farm supply products and services a definite asset.
Nutrien Ag Solutions, a Nutrien Company, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You will need the ability to complete a Criminal Background Check, Drug & Alcohol Testing, and Driving Record Abstract as required by Nutrien Ag Solutions policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.