Seasonal Operations Support - Souris, MB (2019 Spring Season - 2 to 4 month term)
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
- Draws farm supplies from warehousing stock to fill customer orders
- Makes deliveries or assists with the co-ordination of shipment with the transportation organization
- Assists in the identification of blending opportunities
- Completes farm supply shipping documentation
- Checks for damaged articles, quality and quantity and records quantities received and reports to manager/supervisor with regard to damaged items and shortages
- Operates and services equipment used in the movement of farm supplies
- Operates by industry regulations in the handling and storage of farm supplies
- Completes related documentation
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of a positive image program at the branch
- Keeps the manager informed of levels of existing stock
- Complies with all Nutrien and Industry regulatory and safety standards at all times
- Keeps facilities and grounds clean and tidy, well maintained, and free of fire hazards
- Carries out a regular preventative maintenance program and conducts minor repairs
- Maintains stock control records
- Performs other related duties as required
- Demonstrated high level of customer service.
- Ability to achieve warehousing license, WHMIS, TDG
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern farm practices and industry regulations
- Demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to meet and deal with the public effectively
- Effective communication and time management skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Mechanical operation and maintenance
- Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time under all weather conditions
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the functions of the job including good eyesight and color perception
- One year operational experience preferred with demonstrated equipment operations and maintenance skills.
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver's license - preference will be given to candidates that hold a 3A or 1A
Nutrien Ag Solutions, a Nutrien Company, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You will need the ability to complete a Criminal Background Check, Drug & Alcohol Testing, and Driving Record Abstract as required by Nutrien Ag Solutions policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.