Manager, Agronomic Services, Sexsmith, AB and Area
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Area Manager, this position is responsible for handling customer inquiries and marketing products and services in professional and courteous manner. Responsible for the development and implentation of sales and marketing strategies aimed at supporting the Agri-Products sales force, and related agronomic services and support.
- Develops, implements and communicates sales and marketing plans in order to meet established annual sales and margin objectives.
- In conjunction with Divisional and Branch management, assists in the development of sales, operating and capital budgets. Monitors results against budgets and assists in the development of short and long term forecasts.
- Provides sales and marketing support to the sales forces.
- Works with sales staff and Branch Managers on key accounts to enhance sales of Division within the Division.
- In conjunction with the Product Line and Branch Managers, develops marketing strategies, product information programs, pricing strategies and communicates these to operational staff.
- Identifies agronomic services opportunities and develops and implements plans in support of these.
- Gathers, compiles, analyzes, interprets and communicates market intelligence and market research information.
- Represents the company at trade shows and association meetings.
- Assesses employee skills/abilities on agronomic experience and provides related training as necessary.
- Provides agronomic information and recommendations to staff and producer customers.
- Develops and maintains relationships with various government and private industry personnel.
- Provides agronomic advice for Loveland and Proven products and assists with legal proceedings.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of a product and service complaint handling process.
- Responsible for all aspects of human resource management including hiring, promoting and performance management. Administers the collective agreement and other industrial relations responsibilities that covers all staff reporting to the position.
- Work with Division and Branch management and leadership of Agronomy team.
- Work with Product Line Managers, Directors, Division and Branch management to lead the strategic direction of the proprietary product lines’ (ie Proven Seed, Loveland Product, etc.) objectives with the Retails.
- Support and assist the Echelon portfolio of services including Nutrien mobile.
- Develop and facilitate internal agronomic training programs and materials for Nutrien staff.
- Manage and execute Proven Seed, Loveland Products and others as may be required from time-to-time on-farm trails, including plot tours for customer and staff as well as data collection.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Seven (7) years’ experience in farm supplies sales and marketing. At least five (5) years at a managerial level would be a definite asset OR an equivalent combination of training and experience; must be a member in the respective provincial Agrologist Institute (SIA, AIA, MIA).
- University degree in Agriculture.
- Must have demonstrated success in roles which emphasize developing and implementing marketing strategies. Must have superior analytical and financial skills. Computer competent, with demonstrated ability in the use of spreadsheet, word processing and database software applications within a Windows operating environment. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel frequently.
Nutrien Ag Solutions, a Nutrien Company, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You will need the ability to complete a Criminal Background Check, Drug & Alcohol Testing, and Driving Record Abstract as required by Nutrien Ag Solutions policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.