Analyst, Forensic/Fraud Examiner, Loveland, CO
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Loss Prevention, the Forensic Auditor – Fraud Analyst/Examiner will play a key role in identifying, investigating and mitigating potential fraudulent activity or policy violations that result in loss to the Company. This role is critical in the mitigation of fraud and abuse
- Investigate allegations identified via the Compliance Ethics Hotline, tips shared directly with Loss Prevention or suspected misconduct identified through data analysis and metrics
- Conduct detailed analysis of documents, records and data
- Support and/or Lead investigations of issues, such as employee fraud, asset misappropriation and violations of company policies
- Analyze financial data and accounting entries, examine documents and records, participate in employee interviews, prepare summaries and analyses of findings
- Evaluate processes to identify internal control weaknesses that could result in loss. Recommend fraud prevention controls and strategies such as processes, procedures and systems
- Document and communicate investigation results and recommendations in meaningful, clear and concise investigation reports for Senior Leadership and law enforcement agencies
- Prepare periodic reports for Leadership that summarize investigations and track success of fraud prevention activities
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of data mining, monitoring and analytics to detect patterns indicative of fraud
- Develop positive working relationships with employees and internal stakeholders
- Any other job responsibilities as required at the Company’s discretion
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and transactional research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- High performance behavior with the ability to work long hours, handle the pressures of high expectations, and deliver desired results
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- A minimum of 3-8 years related experience in Internal Audit, Public Accounting, Financial or Data Analyst, Forensic Accounting, Investigations or other industry experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (e.g. common formulas, Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP), Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of internal controls and accounting concepts, practices and procedures
- Quickly learn computer software and user interfaces
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and complex accounting transactions
- Knowledge of / experience with fraud prevention, detection, analysis and mitigation is considered an asset
- Certified Fraud Examiner designation is considered an asset
- Highly organized with ability to work on several projects at once and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to efficiently execute long term projects from inception through completion
- Strong integrity and business ethics; absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- The ability to travel up to 20% within North America is required
Nutrien Ag Solutions, a Nutrien Company, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien Ag Solution policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran