Analyst, Retail Credit, Regina, SK
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Credit Manager, Canada, the Analyst, Retail Credit, Canada is responsible for adjudicating credit, pursuing the collection of past due non-legal accounts, and handling day-to-day credit inquiries from field personnel and customers.
- Works with location personnel and customers directly, if required, to obtain information and documentation necessarily to adjudicate credit
- Analyzes financial statements, interprets and prepares reports of financial position, and measures applicant’s financial viability, in order to evaluate repayment ability
- Adjudicates credit within approved policies, procedures, and defined limit within the defined area of responsibility
- Administers Nutrien Financial Leasing Program in accordance with policy and prepares lease documents and forwards to customers or operations staff for presentation to customer
- Receives executed leases, checks completeness and accuracy, submits completed leases for funding, and completes system entries
- Maintains confidentiality of all credit information
- Works with location personnel and other departments to resolve routine accounts receivable issues
- Works with location personnel and customers directly, if required, to devise collection strategies and negotiate payment arrangements within specified guidelines to collect balances owed
- Identifies and prepares report of non-collectable accounts for write off
- Facilitates credit training presentations to address specific credit concerns and to provide yearly recaps and emphasize challenges for the upcoming credit season
- Provides ongoing credit training and education on a day-to-day basis for location personnel
- Reports on various credit issues, credit utilization, credit application results, credit exceptions and past due accounts to division managers and location personnel
- Reviews current credit processes and documents with an emphasis on enhancements and communicates suggestions to management as applicable
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as required
- Performs all duties in a respectable manner and with a spirit of cooperation with customers and fellow employees
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Extreme attention to detail and clerical abilities
- Well-developed problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated time management skills to meet deadlines as well as flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Agriculture or equivalent from a recognized institution is required
- A combination of education and experience will be considered
- Previous credit experience is an asset
- Sound ability to interpret financial statement information is required
- Working knowledge of credit documents including security documentation such as personal guarantees and crop insurance assignments is considered an asset
- Previous experience in automated credit environment is considered an asset
Nutrien Ag Solutions, a Nutrien Company, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You will need the ability to complete a Criminal Background Check, Drug & Alcohol Testing, and Driving Record Abstract as required by Nutrien Ag Solutions policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.