Operations Support, Rosthern, SK
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
- Plans and co-ordinates the proper warehousing of product
- Checks for damaged articles, quality and quantity and records quantities received and reports to manager/supervisor with regard to damaged items and shortages
- Operates and services equipment used in the movement of farm supplies
- Operates by industry regulations in the handling and storage of farm supplies and completes related documentation
- Draws farm supplies from stock to fill customer orders
- Makes deliveries or assists with the co-ordination of shipment with the transportation organization
- Assists in the identification of blending opportunities
- Completes farm supply shipping documentation and co-ordinates warehouse space with shipping and receiving
- Maintains farm supply product condition by turning and monitoring
- Conducts regular inventory checks
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of a positive image program at the branch
- Participates in local community activities
- Promotes the services of the facility
- Keeps the manager informed of levels of existing stock
- Complies with all Nutrien Ag Solutions’ and Industry regulatory and safety standards at all times
- Keeps facilities and grounds clean and tidy, well maintained, and free of fire hazards
- Carries out a regular preventative maintenance program and conducts minor repairs
- Maintains stock control records
- Performs other related duties as required
- Customer service
- Effective communication and time management skills
- One year operational experience preferred with demonstrated equipment operations and maintenance skills
- Grade 12 or recognized equivalent
- Ability to achieve warehousing license, WHMIS, TDG
- Demonstrated high level of customer service
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern farm practices and industry regulations
- Demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to meet and deal with the public effectively
- Proven ability to work independently
- Mechanical operation and maintenance
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the functions of the job including good eyesight and color perception
- Minimum of basic computer competency
- Ability to meet the Nutrien Ag Solutions’ policy requirement by completing a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Driving Record Abstract
Salary Grade: 1
Nutrien Ag Solutions is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien Ag Solutions’ policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.