Seed Manager, Hannibal, Missouri
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
- Develop new prospects and interacts with existing dealers/growers to promote seed sales in order to meet and exceed sales objectives. Manage sales in order to meet profit margin objectives.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase seed sales across assigned region.
- Oversee, train, mentor and motivate sales staff in assigned region on selling seed and meeting margin objectives. Provide direction to increase customer base.
- Assure customer satisfaction of products: on time and accurate delivery and quality of product.
- Perform initial credit review of customers to determine credit risk. Provide necessary information to Credit manager in order to determine credit limits.
- Collect outstanding accounts receivable from customers.
- Train & Motivate Salespeople.
- Coach & support all experience levels.
- Understand different business models.
- Product and agronomic support.
- Create and implement marketing programs.
- Earn respect of the field people.
- Assist with recruiting, training and evaluating salespeople/managers.
- Develop quarterly training specific to seed.
- Relationship with all Seed Vendors & Regional Seed Manager.
- Maintain their respect as a preferred customer/team member.
- Negotiate local programs and solicit their support of our objectives.
- Act as team builder between their staff and our salespeople.
- Simplify & organize the Seed “Business”.
- Brand options (how many can be effectively managed).
- Efficiency & Effectiveness.
- Pricing & discounts.
- Coach Admins on policies and procedures such as replants, seed dumps, 21 codes.
- Drive adoption and implementation of third party financing.
- Take Ownership of Seed Business.
- Ownership of revenue & margin goals (increase market share).
- Limit % of returns.
- Planning, forecasting and budgeting.
- Support overall Division and Corporate objectives (Dyna Gro, Echelon, Digital Adoption, Awaken Co Flo & other LPI seed treatments).
- Participate in decision making about people, branches, and marketing direction.
- Total Acre Solutions Strategy.
- Seed business calendar – Tactics Timeline.
- BS in Ag Related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in agriculture, specifically seed market.
- Strong knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the agriculture industry.
- Works autonomously with very limited guidance from an IOC manager.
- Ability to lead and manage people.
- Relies on significant industry experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works under limited supervision; a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Nutrien Ag Solutions, a Nutrien Company, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien Ag Solution policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran