Chemical/Delivery Driver, Sterling, MA
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
This position will report to the Warehouse Manager.
- To load or assist in loading truck with materials.
- To unload or assist in unloading truck by using forklift or hand truck. Moves up to 3,000 lbs. on hand truck.
- To operate semi-truck, according to state laws. To transport loads over required route to proper destinations, observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
- To chock rear wheels of truck or trailer prior to unloading.
- To remove chocks prior to driving away from shipping dock.
- To obtain shipping bills of lading and necessary signatures and return completed paper work to shipping office.
- To maintain any related records required.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 80 pounds.
- To remove empty skids from trailer truck and carry to designated piling area.
- To perform miscellaneous service duties such as checking, on a daily basis, oil, water, gasoline, and air in tires.
- To report any maintenance malfunctions to shipping and/or warehouse supervisor.
- Assure a safe and clean work environment by using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and completing safety training.
- To handle company owned equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- To prepare containers for filling with the correct documentation.
- Perform general warehouse duties, including stacking products, sweeping floor as well as other assigned duties.
- To assist in warehouse maintenance.
- To use hand truck to rearrange loads in shipping department area.
- To switch empty/full trailers in shipping yard on off-shifts for optimum loading patterns on the following day.
- To sweep out truck body on off-shifts.
- This summary of job responsibilities and duties is meant to be a general description of this position and is not all-inclusive.
- Good attendance required.
- Have a valid CDL (with hazmat and tanker endorsements).
- Must have a Class B license.
- Must use tact and diplomacy in dealing with customer personnel at delivery points.
- Must be dependable, reliable, and competent to handle equipment safely.
- May, at times, sit in trailer cab for periods of time.
- Must meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements and pass substance abuse screening; as a safety sensitive employee, subject to random and other required substance abuse screening as per company policy.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien Ag Solutions' policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran