Distribution Center Manager – Vermilion, AB
Why work at Crop Production Services (CPS)? Great question!
Safety is a core value at CPS. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, CPS offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at CPS is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
At Access we provide warehousing and logistics for major manufacturers of crop input products throughout Canada and the USA. Access is a division of Crop Production Services.
This position is temporary full time, for 6 months.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Accountable for Warehouse/Logistics/Production Operations P & L:
- Maximize Efficiencies and ensure all revenues are capture, and looking for areas for growth and development.
- Review and approve all warehouse expenses.
- Ensure all paid invoices have been billed to warehouse or third party accounts where applicable.
- Major expenses require the approval of the Mgr. Dist. & Ops. > $1000.00.
- Bi-weekly payroll reports for warehouse, logistics & inventory to HR.
- Weekly hours report to temp agency audited.
- Monthly mileage report for leased vehicles.
Responsible for managing all warehouse, logistics and inventory staff and temporary staff:
- Provide leadership, coaching and direct management to all warehouse staff.
- Ensure employees understand all policies and procedures related to their job functions.
- Included, hiring, scheduling, vacation planning, performance reviews, disciplinary action.
- Provide training as required to ensure the staff is properly certified with TDG, WHMIS.
- Maintain records of warehouse employees and ensure proper training for fork-truck, first-aid and TDG are kept current.
- Setup and monitor Seasonal warehouse employees.
- Ensure staff levels are kept to a minimum.
Timeliness and Accuracy:
- Complete all jobs within the assigned deadlines and as per company procedure or the procedure set forth for a specific job. This includes safety procedures as well as safe guards to ensure the job is of high quality and error free.
- Accurate Inventory Levels must be maintained for all customers.
- Inventory counts are done on schedule and are finalized as per the inventory schedule and customer agreements that you will keep updated on the intranet.
- Ensure cycle counts are completed monthly and variances are reconciled in that period.
- Ensure general maintenance of the building is upheld. Includes lighting, heating systems, dock plates, recycle machine, fork trucks.
- Get at least two quotes for all jobs and have major expenses approved by Manager of Operations & Distribution.
- Auditing and approve of warehouse related invoices such as Hydro, Gas, Fork-truck repairs, to ensure proper pricing and job completion before forwarding to A/P for processing third party warehouse billing.
- Ensure monthly or weekly billing is completed on schedule for all third party customers and Ensure all revenue is captured such as handling, documentation or any other warehouse related charge for all customers in your location.
- Input and produce invoice for warehouse services based on their agreement each month. Deal directly with customers on any issues to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Process all orders inbound/outbound in the AS400 system to produce the required “Bill of lading” or “Purchase Order” for external customers. (UAP done by UAP personnel).
- Verify TDG as set up on the system or for new product information, may need to request information from Customer.
Manage Production Lines – if Applicable to site:
- Ensure staff and inventory on hand in order to achieve output as required by the customer.
- Maintain files as required by the “AWSA” Agrichemicals Warehouse Standards Association in order to ensure we are operating in compliance with the guidelines. Procedures are subject to external audits.
- Ensure internal EHS month training and audit findings are completed on time.
- Ensure preparation for and passing of “AWSA” audits to ensure continuity of operations.
- Help create and promote standard operating procedures for DC’s so they all operate the same.
- Assist to identify weakness and areas where improvement is needed.
- Recommend and document process changes for improvements.
Process Improvement and Automation:
- Seek ways to streamline processes to ensure efficient and accurate use of resources.
- Seek ways to automate processes by the introduction and support of technology.
Responsible for safety of Operations:
- Ensure compliance with all Environmental and Regulatory Services.
- Work with EHS department to provide necessary reports and information.
- Ensure all areas are operating up to Safety Standards.
- Partake in quarterly safety meetings.
- Review all safety procedures to ensure they are up-to-date and accurate.
Provide support and complete tasks as assigned by the Manager of Distribution & Operations.
CPS, a Nutrien Company, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You will need the ability to complete a Criminal Background Check, Drug & Alcohol Testing, and Driving Record Abstract as required by CPS policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.