Region Sales Trainer and Recruiter - South Region, Tampa, FL
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
The incumbent will be responsible for building relationships with internal customers and external candidates including key schools and universities. Seek out, interview, and screen applicants to fill existing and future job openings and promote career opportunities within an organization. This position is a regional based position, based in Tampa, Florida, supporting the South Region which encompasses the southern states from New Mexico east to Florida; to also include Arkansas and southern Missouri. Ag Degree preferred. 50 to 70% travel requirement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Responsible of recruitment of new hires for the South Region (interns, entry-level crop consultants, seasonal workers, etc.).
- Advise management on organizing, preparing, and implementing recruiting and retention programs.
- Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures. Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs.
- Inform potential applicants about facilities, operations, benefits, and job or career opportunities in organization.
- Post all positions on company recruiting site (iCIMS) for all positions for the South Region. Handle external advertisements. Responsible for social media pages: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap Chat, Periscope.
- Screen applicants, phone screen qualified applicants, and interview final applicants in preparation for a job offer. Arrange for interviews and provide travel arrangements as necessary. Interview applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, and job skills. Refer applicants to hiring personnel in the organization when appropriate.
- Perform searches for qualified candidates according to relevant job criteria, using computer databases, networking, internet recruiting sources, cold calls, media, recruiting firms, and employee referrals.
- Evaluate recruitment and selection criteria to ensure conformance to professional, statistical, and testing standards, recommending revision as needed.
- Review and evaluate applicant qualifications or eligibility for specified licensing, according to established guidelines and designated licensing codes.
- Contact applicants to inform them of employment possibilities, consideration, and selection.
- Project yearly recruitment expenditures for budgetary consideration and control.
- College recruiting and college relations: Identify focus schools within region to actively recruit (speaking engagements in classes, career days, fraternity/sorority engagement) and build/maintain college relations.
- Identify local industry related resources, conferences, memberships, and other relevant affiliations.
- Assist applicable divisions with their Internship Programs. Interview and secure interns (with divisional input) for all qualified locations within the South Region.
- Onboard new employees as designated by GM’s to include periodic follow up after 60 days, 6 months, and 1 year.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Maintain current knowledge of relevant state laws.
- Industry affiliations to include: FFA (outreach, sponsorship and support); Blast Off State Officer Conferences; Leadership Conferences; State Conferences; Ag. In the Classroom presentations.
- Manage sponsorships for agriculture based events, conferences, expo’s, conferences, golf tournaments, rodeos, association meetings.
Sales and Supervisor Training:
- Present new supervisor training, in person, to newly hired/promoted supervisory positions as needed and requested by GMs in the South Region.
- Present/support Performance Management training, remote or in person, to support management in the performance management process.
- Manage three-year sales training program to include: identification of new salesmen in the organization and ensure enrollment; track sales/margin every six months; work with division management on training track for all salesmen; manage ThinkZoom relationship within our region; manage logistics for all hotel/travel/food/entertainment needs for trainees; and develop curriculum and course offerings for all three levels of training.
- Periodically travel through the divisions in the South Region to ensure each division is getting the support they need.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food or Agriculture a plus, or five years relevant experience.
- Minimum 3 years training experience required, sales training preferred. Sales recruiting experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office
- Incumbent will have great communication and people skills along with a strong desire to be successful.
This job description has been reviewed to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and Nutrien Ag Solutions reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien Ag Solutions’ policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/vet