Crop Production Advisor, Strathmore, AB
Why work at Crop Production Services (CPS)? Great question!
Safety is a core value at CPS. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, CPS offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at CPS is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, this position is accountable to meet and exceed annual sales goals and profit margin objectives of CPS products and services.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding annual sales goals and profit margin objectives as set by branch management
- Implement on-farm based sales strategy to promote CPS products and services
- Maintains and analyzes a database/record of customer profiles (product usage and service requirements) in order to identify, categorize, and prioritize customer base
- Develops and maintains effective business relations with current and potential future customers, based upon an approach that targeting customer with whom the company can profitable to do business
- Provides timely service as well as agronomic information and advice to current and potential customers
- Arranges for access to specialists where necessary to bring mutual benefit to the customer and the organization
- Arranges for customer learning opportunities that provide incremental value
- Keeps informed of competitor activities within the market area and recommends marketing program and service revisions
- Review customer accounts to ensure that payments are within the approved credit policy and performs collection functions as required
- Monitors competitive activity and trends
- May be required to keep records and prepare reports on sales activities
- Solid knowledge of CPS product offerings including features, benefits, and uses
- Ability to interpret soil, tissue and water analysis
- Initiates trials that will support marketing efforts
- Researches and responds to technical inquiries
- Performs other duties as required
- Strong time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication and people skills, both written and oral
- Strong computer skills including all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to work independently or as a part of an effective team
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner, and ability to keep confidential information
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function - equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities, may be considered
- Grade 12 or recognized equivalent, supplemented with successful completion of Certificate in Agriculture, Agri-Business Certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education
- Demonstrated experience in vocational, agricultural, or a combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 2-3 years sales experience
- CCA or P.Ag. Accreditation is a definite asset, but not required
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s licence
- Ability to meet the CPS policy requirement by completing a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Driving Record Abstract
CPS, a Nutrien Company, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with CPS policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.