Forage Seed Production Lead, Carrot River, SK
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
The position is accountable for developing, implementing and managing production and procurement strategies within the trade area to source assigned forage seed product(s). Under the direction of the Seed Plant Manager, the position will be responsible for ensuring that the seed production is effectively managed along with seed grower relationships.
- Implementation of Seed Production Contract terms and Seed Production Program development.
- Uses professional judgment to evaluate and ensure seed products being sold to customers are within quality specifications.
- Manages commodity inventory price risk including industry purchases to ensure optimal profitability by managing carrying costs.
- Maintains ongoing communications with seed plant staff, forage product line manager and seed wholesale manager to ensure an understanding and awareness of product requirements and takes action accordingly.
- Provides guidance on pricing and discounts for assigned products(s) within provided guidelines.
- Aids in managing logistics, allocations, and purchase orders for assigned products and territories.
- Develops relationships through a predetermined set of criteria with Seed Growers within assigned territory.
- Develop and manage the growth of relationships with product suppliers, stakeholders and/or genetic suppliers to achieve the financial goals of the Department/Organization.
- Lead the implementation of Production Plans as assigned.
- Develop and manage required key activities in relation to strategic Departmental Projects. Present results to relevant stakeholders. Facilitate project implementation.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of market trends and competitor activities; develops recommended plans of action in relation to market activities and advises Direct Supervisor as appropriate.
- Assists Direct Supervisor in the development of the Seed Sales Forecast and Production Plan.
- Provides Professional customer representation for Nutrien Ag Solutions at customer events.
- Monitors and analyzes the product position statement, recommends action plan to Direct Supervisor.
- Proficient use of designated accounting and seed management software, and credit systems, processes and procedures.
- Prepares and submits regular and extemporized reports regarding product achievements, opportunities and issues.
- Participates in the investigation and evaluation of product complaints including cost analysis; recommends actions to Direct Supervisor.
- Responsible for, understands and adheres to all Safety Policies, Procedures and Precautions.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Demonstrated ability to assess risk and exercise sound judgment in decision making
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop people
- Demonstrated ability to manager within the terms of the human resources policies (and within the collective agreement where applicable)
- Detail Oriented
- Computer skills in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in agribusiness, agronomy experience and seed business.
- University degree in Agriculture, Business Administration or Commerce.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You will need the ability to complete a Criminal Background Check, Drug & Alcohol Testing, and Driving Record Abstract as required by Nutrien Ag Solutions’ policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Closing date for applications is May 15, 2018.