Branch Manager – Rimbey, AB
Why work at Crop Production Services (CPS)? Great question!
Safety is a core value at CPS. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, CPS offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at CPS is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Division Manager, this position is responsible for management and financial, sales and operations of the Branches. The Branch Manager implements and maintains CPS’s reputation as a strong leader of Agriculture Inputs in the industry.
- Develops, implements and manages the Branch business plan and operating budget, including operating, financial and sales objectives
- Directs all aspects and daily operations of the facility to ensure safety, efficiency and profitability
- Reviews and analyzes progress towards the achievement of sales forecasts and operational objectives on a regular basis, and initiates action as required
- Manages and responsible for sales forecasts and expected final results
- Defines level of service consistent with sales volume and profit margins
- Responsible for all aspects of human resource management within the Branch including hiring, promoting, performance management, coaching and discharging within company policy and regulatory compliance
- Responsible for managing within and implementing the terms and conditions of the collective agreement(s), where applicable
- Provide for effective staff development and training of Branch.
- Responsible for the record keeping functions in recording sales and monies received, in maintaining inventory records, in requisitioning supplies in accordance to sales projections and movement of product within the market area
- Manages all aspects of physical resources including maintenance and repair, compliance with industry and CPS regulations and safety standards to ensure a safe working environment at the Branch
- Responsible for retail audits
- Manages and responsible for inventory quantity and quality to ensure Branch will meet sales commitments and end-use customer programs
- Analyses capital requirements and provides recommendations regarding capital budget needs
- Liaises with customers, suppliers, division management and other appropriate industry personnel to promote CPS products and services
- Responsible for and manages all invoicing and accounts receivable in accordance with company policy
- Develops and implements a collection process as required
- Continued education on the development of agricultural products/practices
- Performs other duties as required
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationship with branch personnel, peers and customers
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills to small and large groups with the ability to lead and influence
- Effective time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Must be dependable, reliable, and safety conscious
- Must be able to think calmly in high stress environment, and perform under pressure
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function - equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities, may be considered
- Grade 12 or recognized equivalent, supplemented with successful completion of Certificate in Agriculture, Agri-Business Certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Ag Business, with a track record in sales, marketing, or branch management
- Applicant should have experience with crops, pesticides, and fertilizers in the current market
- Must possess a valid class 5 driver’s licence
- Ability to meet the CPS policy requirement by completing a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Driving Record Abstract
CPS, a Nutrien Company, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with CPS policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.