Accounting Manager, Loveland, CO
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Accounting, the Accounting Manager is responsible for the overall support and coordination of financial accounting and reporting
- Team with peers to oversees the day-to-day accounting and month-end close process, including monthly journal entries, preparation of financial statements, analyzing financials and communicating results with management
- Reviews account reconciliations team as needed
- Manage relationship with Nutrien external reporting team and the preparation of schedules and commentary as required
- Organize information requests from external, internal auditors and corporate tax
- Oversee general ledger setup, maintenance, reporting
- Manage fixed assets and capital reporting
- Perform monthly consolidations of Nutrien’s Retail business unit
- Direct implementation and execution of new accounting processes, looking for opportunities for continuous improvement
- Coordinate relationship with international subsidiaries to assist with close, consolidations, financial reporting, and communications of accounting policy and procedures
- Interface with FP&A as needed to ensure all financials reporting and results are accurate and completed timely and with proper supporting detail
- Provide financials and business analysis to support key strategic objectives
- Oversee acquisition accounting and coordinate with Mergers and Acquisition team to achieve proper accounting
- Provide support for the monitoring of internal controls to ensure effectiveness
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- Highly detail oriented
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong integrity and business ethics
- Ability to lead by example and work well with others
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a recognized institution
- MBA, CPA, or CMA is preferred
- Public Accounting Experience from a Big 4 Firm/Smaller Regional Firm/Internal Audit Background
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in practical financial experience is required
- Understanding of IFRS & US GAAP standards
- Experience with complex consolidations
- Demonstrated leadership skills are required
- Demonstrated analytical skills are required
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. This job will remain posted until filled. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran