Acccounts Payable, supervisor, Loveland, CO
Why work at Crop Production Services (CPS)? Great question!
Safety is a core value at CPS. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, CPS offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at CPS is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
The Supervisor of AP Accounting exists to oversee the accounting related to AP transactions including the overall management of people and processes supporting this functional area. Specifically ensuring that AP accounts are reconciled properly in a timely manner, transactional activity is analyzed on a periodic basis, and critical issues are headed off before they can impact the organization’s financial statements.
- Manage operations of AP Accounting function ensuring that required duties are completed timely and properly.
- Facilitate monthly closing duties including balance sheet reconciliations for AP related accounts, journal entries, UMR, and balance sheet review meeting.
- Demonstrate high degree of understanding in related field of work. Strong emphasis on transactional analysis on a regular basis.
- Ensuring team executes on accounts payable accounting department plan by prioritizing work, projects and resources; assist with preparation of the annual budget for area of responsibility.
- Provide leadership to a dynamic group of AP employees, including coaching, mentoring, goal setting and review, performance management, recruitment, and team building.
- Ensure departmental goals and objectives are aligned with Corporate initiatives and each team member has specific, measurable goals for each calendar year that are periodically reviewed.
- Ensure key stakeholder relationships are maintained.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to identify processing gaps and recommend improvements.
- Ensure internal controls are met. Work with SOX, Internal Audit, and third-party auditors during periodic audits and requests for documentation.
- Influence changes, process improvement and adherence to accounts payable accounting policies and procedures.
- Challenge the status quo and think outside the box to improve current operations accounting processes.
- Some travel to our field locations may be required to gain an understanding of the Retail business.
- Participate in various projects as required.
- Other duties as required.
- People leader who has the ability to supervise, direct and develop a team of professionals.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with various internal and external stakeholders at all levels in the organization to achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to make decisions, perform actions and provide communication relative to: direction/goal setting, performance management, budgeting, relationship building, mentoring, coaching, and team building.
- Ability to understand and analyze complex issues and apply AP accounting standards
- Solution oriented, strong level of attention to detail and the ability to achieve results by holding oneself accountable, taking initiative and delivering on commitments.
- Ability to prioritize and work under competing and tight deadlines in an environment of change.
- Self-motivated. Ability to manage own time and time of team members to achieve deadlines.
- Mature attitude and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Strict attention to detail, developed problem solving skills, high personal accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to professionally address difficult work and personnel matters.
- Strong integrity and business ethics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint). PeopleSoft / large ERP experience a plus.
Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance required
Minimum 5 years relevant business experience
Previous experience supervising and leading a team is desired
Strong knowledge of AP accounting principles and standards
CPS, a Nutrien Company, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with CPS policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.