Assistant Manager – Landis, SK
Why work at Crop Production Services (CPS)? Great question!
Safety is a core value at CPS. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, CPS offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at CPS is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, this position is accountable for obtaining business results through developing, maintaining and expanding the customer base within the geographic area as well as operational support in relation to the marketing of agri-products. The purpose of this role is to assist the Branch Manager in all aspects of the branch sales, operations, supervision and management of staff, and safety components of the business.
- Manages a client base within the parameters of the divisional strategy to ensure financial and operating targets are met and/or exceeded yet maintains balance with customer needs and customer service objectives
- Establishes, maintains and conducts ongoing analysis of customer profiles in order to identify and act upon trends, market requirements and potential business opportunities
- Demonstrates high degree of knowledge in order to provide accurate and timely information/advice to current and potential customers
- Demonstrates talent for bargaining and negotiating while ensuring all procurement and sales practices are congruent with corporate policy, image and direction and respect confidentiality of both company and producer’s business
- Analyzes current and future agricultural trends and service needs and develops and implemented strategies and actions to create opportunities including asset ROI and utilization reports
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships with current and potential future customers based on an approach of targeting customers with whom the company can profitability do business
- Supervises the checking of merchandise received for quality and quantity and makes the necessary notations on the weigh bills
- Organizes and supervises work activities of staff in receiving, storing, assembling, distributing and selling farm supplies
- Responsible for the daily management and supervision of branch staff which includes the scheduling of hours of work
- Assists the Branch Manager in the implementing all aspects of human resource management, including performance management (which involves discipline and work assessments), coaching, and making recommendations for hiring and discharging
- Responsible for managing within the terms and conditions of the collective agreement (where applicable)
- Maintains procedures for the efficient and safe warehousing of all merchandise received with regard to space, accessibility and positioning stock to prevent losses
- Keeps informed of competitor activities within the market area and recommends marketing program and service revisions
- Keeps the manager informed of levels of existing stock and prepares orders for additional supplies within guidelines as required effectively managing inventory and assets
- Reviews customer accounts to ensure payments are within approved credit policy and performs collection functions as required
- Supervises and participates in housekeeping programs, which promote safe working conditions and provide neat, clean appearance
- Complies and enforces all CPS and Industry regulatory and EH&S standards at all times
- Provides customers service to internal & external customers
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of a positive image program
- Coordinates that branch staff tasks under the direction of the branch manager
- Performs the responsibilities of other branch positions during staff absences in order to optimize the efficiency of regional operations - this may require cross training in various positions
- Participates in trade shows, including developing promotional themes, booth layout, set up and show attendance
- Performs other related duties as required
- Demonstrated ability to assess risk and exercise sound judgment in decision making
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop people
- Demonstrated ability to manager within the terms of the human resources policies (and within the collective agreement where applicable)
- Good persuasive and motivational skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to meet the CPS policy requirement by completing a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Driving Record Abstract
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function, a minimum of 2 years of which involved agri-product sales and service and a valid class 5 driver’s licence
- Successful completion of a Certificate in Agriculture Program, Agri-Business Certificate or equivalent post-secondary education preferred
- Must possess a minimum Class 5 driver’s licence (1 or 3 preferred)
- Solid understanding of fertilizer and agricultural chemical usage
- Required knowledge/understanding of branch operation and equipment
- Understanding of the agricultural demands and practices of the division
Salary Grade: 4
CPS, a Nutrien Company, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with CPS policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.ed.