Operations Lead, Shellbrook, SK
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, this position is responsible for supporting the sale and distribution of agri-products and services.
- Assists in the daily operation of the Branch
- Maintains facility assets in a safe manner
- Provides customer service for internal and external customers
- Complies with all Nutrien Ag Solutions’ and Industry regulatory and EH&S standards at all times
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with staff and customers
- Unloads, loads and delivers agri-products
- Participates in the inventory management and control procedures
- Makes recommendations to enhance performance of equipment
- In conjunction with maintenance staff, and/or maintenance contractors performs equipment repair and maintenance
- Operates in accordance with health, safety and fire prevention regulations and practices
- Keeps equipment and facilities clean, well-maintained and free of fire hazards
- Performs the responsibilities of other regional operations positions during staff absences in order to optimize the efficiency of regional operations and may require cross training in various positions
- Performs other duties as required
- Effective time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities, may be considered
- Grade 12 or recognized equivalent, supplemented with successful completion of Certificate in Agriculture, Agri-Business Certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education
- Demonstrated experience in vocational, agricultural, or a combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 2-3 years operational experience
- Required knowledge/understanding of branch operation and equipment
- Ability to work independently or as a part of an effective team
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner
- Must possess a valid class 5 or 3 driver’s license
- Ability to meet the Nutrien Ag Solutions’ policy requirement by completing a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Driving Record Abstract
Nutrien Ag Solutions is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien Ag Solutions’ policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.