Construction Manager – Position can be located either in Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba
Why work at Crop Production Services (CPS)? Great question!
Safety is a core value at CPS. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, CPS offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at CPS is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
Reporting to the Director of Construction this position is responsible for coordinating activities concerning with the new construction and renovation of numerous agricultural retail sites including environmental compliance, buildings, bulk fertilizer storage and handling as well as office and site improvements. Participate with general managers in the conceptual development of construction projects and equipment improvements. Perform all project management duties associated with administering contracts with general contractors, subcontractors, vendors, design consultants, etc.
- Review plans and specifications for accuracy and completeness. Offer guidance regarding cost, constructability and integrity of materials, methods and systems. Recommend value engineering options.
- Develop scopes of work and coordinate with the Purchasing Manager in the preparation of Requests for Proposal. Review and analyze proposals.
- Negotiate with contractors, consultants, vendors and suppliers to obtain the most complete scope of work at the best price and schedule. Present recommendations regarding award of work to senior management and ownership.
- Review RFIs, submittals, change order requests and the like. Review and approve payment applications and invoices. Maintain all project files in paper and electronic form.
- Review, interpret and analyze critical path construction schedules.
- Perform construction monitoring to determine compliance with plans, specifications, manufacturer requirements, industry standards, laws and regulations.
- Attend and participate in/lead Construction Progress Meetings, Design Coordination Meetings, Payment Application Meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships among co-workers, partners, clients, contractors, consultants, municipal officials, etc.
- Perform other tasks as assigned. From time-to-time support other operating groups and/or managers within the organization for special projects or special needs.
- A minimum of three years’ experience with a general contractor or a developer managing multi-family new construction projects.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field.
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple projects of various size and scope.
- Capable of analyzing and organizing information and making presentations of same to senior management and ownership.
- An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to travel over night when required.
- Working knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the new construction and renovation of agriculture related buildings and storage systems. Similar knowledge regarding Environmental, Health and Safety is a plus.
- Familiar with design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of coordinated construction documents and related design work (conceptual design, BIM/Revit, etc). Able to coordinate the work of design teams throughout the design and construction administration processes.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering and technology related to the design and construction of bulk fertilizer buildings and storage bins.
- Familiar with legal, economic and accounting principles and practices utilized in construction.
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, and strategies for the protection of workers, the general public, materials and structures during construction.
- Work effectively with limited supervision.
- Able to effectively manage time and multi-task. Establish long-range goals and the strategies and actions to achieve them.
CPS, a Nutrien Company, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You will need the ability to complete a Criminal Background Check, Drug & Alcohol Testing, and Driving Record Abstract as required by CPS policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.