Why work at Crop Production Services (CPS)? Great question!
Safety is a core value at CPS. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, CPS offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at CPS is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
- Direct and oversee lab activities to ensure all regulations associated with EPA, OSHA, and other regulating bodies are met or exceeded
- Recruits, retains and develops personnel to ensure on-going lab operational capability to generally recognized and accepted standards
- Manage lab operations within agreed budgets
- Evaluates new and alternative raw materials for functionality and stability
- Guides process development activities, working closely with Manufacturing to deliver successful processes for production in the manufacturing environment
- Constructs experimental studies intended to provide supporting data or to resolve technical issues
- Assists in resolving technical issues and drives the completion of investigations that affect the technical scope, making recommendations for various options that would resolve the issue
- Develops formulation requirements on new formulas; including creation of theoretical formulation, bench mix development, product description/formulation sheets, lab tests, stability testing/ monitoring, color verification, etc.
- Documents test results, specifications, and final formula procedures in a standard format for transfer from bench to pilot scale to commercial manufacturing runs
- Conducts intellectual searches for technical information through a variety of resources
- Manages special projects as needed and any other tasks assigned to support business continuity and growth
- Strong analytical skills including use and application of statistics and data analysis
- Excellent organization, communication and presentation skills, with team player focus
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Chemistry, Agronomy, and Crop Science, preferred
- Analytical professional with knowledge in fertilizer technology is also desired, but not required
- Proven experience managing technical personnel in a lab environment
CPS, a Nutrien Company, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with CPS policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.