Crop Consultant Advisor Trainee, Vermillion, AB
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
This position is accountable to develop a customer base within a geographical area in market agri-product services and grain deliveries. In addition, this position is accountable for obtaining business results as established through business planning and goal setting.
- Within the parameters of market center grain and farm supply marketing plans and strategies, is accountable for managing a defined client base within a defined area to meet and exceed area sales, financial and operating targets
- Pro-actively seeks to become involved in the business decision-making process of targeted customers - helps these customers make farm production and marketing decisions
- Works closely with the Market Centre Manager to determine potential commitments that can be made to producers
- Maintains and analyzes a database/record of customer profiles (e.g. commodities produced, product usage and service requirements) in order to identify, categorize and prioritize customer contacts
- Scans and interprets the database, shares relevant information (trends, market needs and business opportunities) with team members, and recommends programs and services to meet and exceed customer needs
- Analyzes current and future agricultural trends and service needs, and in conjunction with the sales & marketing and operations teams, develops and implements strategies and actions to create opportunities
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships with current and potential future customers, based upon an approach of targeting customers with whom the company can profitably do business
- Provides timely service, marketing options, agronomic information and advice to current and potential customers
- Arranges for access to specialists where necessary to bring mutual benefit to the customer and the organization
- Arranges for customer learning opportunities that provide incremental value
- Keeps informed of competitor activities within the market area, and recommends marketing program and service revisions
- Co-ordinates the movement of grain and farm supplies and related administrative requirements in conjunction with customers and operations staff, in order to ensure that contractual obligations are met
- Reviews customer accounts to ensure that payments are within approved credit policy, and performs collection functions as required
- Participates in market area promotional activities
- In conjunction with the Market Centre Manager, develops and implements performance objectives and related measurements, regularly monitors progress towards objectives and takes appropriate corrective actions as required
- Executes sales programs within assigned market center in order to meet and/or exceed budgeted agri-products sales and grain volumes and margins
- Contacts producers on farm based on customer strategies in order to increase awareness of customer’s/ business needs Performs other related duties as required
- Strong time management, planning and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent communication and people skills, both written and oral
- Strong computer skills including all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to work independently or as a part of an effective team
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner, and ability to keep confidential information
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills and abilities, may be considered
- Grade 12 or recognized equivalent, supplemented with successful completion of Certificate in Agriculture, Agri-Business Certificate, or equivalent post-secondary education
- Must hold and maintain CCA designation, or pass the CCA exam and be successfully designated within a 2 year time-frame
- Class 5 driver's licence required
- Ability to meet the Nutrien Ag Solutions’ policy requirement by completing a Criminal background check, Drug/alcohol testing, and Driving Record Abstract
Nutrien Ag Solutions is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien Ag Solutions’ policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted