Plant Engineer, Billings, MT
Why work at Crop Production Services (CPS)? Great question!
Safety is a core value at CPS. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, CPS offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at CPS is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
- Work closely with all disciplines, troubleshooting problems, to ensure plant processes are aligned to provide maximum output levels and efficiencies
- Continuously evaluate equipment, process operations and controls to ensure personnel safety, environmental stewardship and regulatory compliance
- Optimize production by conducting tests, monitoring performances, and compiling de-bottleneck studies to identify cost saving opportunities
- Design plant and equipment configurations to be readily adapted to suit the product ranges and the process technologies involved, taking safety, environmental and economic aspects into account
- Provide control system designs, specifications, programming, system testing, and start-up assistance, as required
- Maintain engineering records including creating and modifying Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams, and supporting development of operations and maintenance standard operating procedures
- Install and commission new equipment, including monitoring developments and troubleshooting as well as managing contractors and documenting process changes and additions
- Support new product development from trial through to commercialization and improving production lines
- Keep abreast of current engineering trends, practices, developments, and regulatory changes, which could impact processes and products
- Complete special projects as needed and any other tasks assigned to support business continuity and growth
- Strong analytical skills, skilled in application of statistics and data analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Works well independently and in a team context with excellent time management and organization skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering preferred
- 2+ years chemical manufacturing experience required
- Logic and programming with any of the following PLCs: Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Siemens, Automation Direct, Mitsubishi, Omron, Aromat or Toshiba is highly desired
- Experience with 2D CAD programs such as AutoCAD or Solid Works is desired
- A specific background or knowledge chemical processing
- Ability to work in a Safety First, and a drug free work environment - required to pass the Drug & Alcohol Testing
CPS, a Nutrien Company, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with CPS policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.