Maintenance Manager, Greenville, Mississippi
Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien Ag Solutions offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien Ag Solutions is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
- Manages, motivates, trains, evaluates, and reviews maintenance personnel
- Schedules maintenance employees to work on projects, repairs, and preventative maintenance in a timely manner
- Oversees the hiring and use of contractors and contracted maintenance employees working on company property and equipment, ensuring they work safely and efficiently
- Work with corporate as well as local employees to oversee and utilize the EAM system to track projects, purchases, preventative maintenance and work orders
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of plant equipment and machinery
- Recommend and purchase new equipment, tools, and repair parts, within budget, assisting in the Capex process as necessary
- Assist in purchase, design, and installation of equipment and work areas
- Responsible for maintaining an efficient parts and supply inventory
- Ensures that all work areas are maintained as safe, clean work areas
- Become knowledgeable of the chemicals we work with
- Be constantly alert to any unsafe work areas, working conditions, or practices
- Work with all plant employees in seeking ways to eliminate waste and inefficiency throughout the plant
- Maintain and promote team relationship within the site operations team
- Perform such other duties as may be required from time to time
- Must have leadership skills, and be able to work well with other employees
- Good work habits and ability to manage time well
- Ability to design and fabricate equipment and work areas
- College Degree, engineering is desired but not required
- At least 10 years of maintenance experience, and 5 years as a manager
- Must be physically and medically capable of wearing a respirator
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace and possess a US driver’s license
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to work in close quarters, high places, and confined spaces
- Capable of working in varying temperatures
Nutrien Ag Solutions is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien Ag Solutions' policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran