Training and Development Lead – Nutrien Ag Solutions (Regina, SK, CAN) - Regional Role, location is negotiable
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Reporting to Manager, Human Resources, Canada Retail, this position is responsible for the overall design, implementation and management of Canada’s Region Retail’s training and development platform, improving capability at all levels, deepening our bench strength and driving employee engagement and retention. Working with key business stakeholders and the broader HR organization to develop a strategic vision for Retail training and development, identifying gaps in our current offerings, and providing tactical leadership in the execution of our training curricula. Bringing to bear both internal and external resources to provide world-class education for our Retail employees.
What you will do:
- Partner with Region and Division Management and Branch Managers to analyze the effectiveness of Retail’s current training and development initiatives and determine where gaps and opportunities exist to address high priority needs.
- Develop relevant go-forward strategy and training programs that directly align to our business and human resource
- Plan, design and deliver training programs to meet identified needs and evaluate the impact of programs offered.
- Benchmark training and development best practices and emerging trends and make recommendations on course design, development, tools and technologies.
- Use talent analytics to understand trends and show progress in talent development.
- Work with stakeholders and subject matter experts to determine training needs and work quickly to identify, build and implement training solutions.
- Deliver training in classroom, online, and on-the job through internal or external resources. Provide flexibility in facilitation style for various types of delivery channels and optimize training processes for efficiency.
- Leverage and collaborate with Organizational Effectiveness COE.
- Communicate program updates and information to key stakeholders.
- Utilize corporate learning management system.
- Manage training and development budget and make recommendations for future budgetary needs.
- Performs other related duties as required
What you will bring:
- Post-secondary education in either agriculture, business, training/professional development or organizational development.
- 5+ years of related training and development experience; or training/adult learning experience in an agricultural or sales environment.
- Proven track record of driving visibility and accountability for training within an organization.
- Experience building and managing relationships with various stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- Experience leading teams of experienced internal and external trainers.
- Superior collaboration skills including the ability to advise, integrate and act upon the unique requirements of stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple initiatives.
- Creativity and experience bringing new programs and ideas to fruition.
- Technology focused and utilizing technology in all aspects of training.
- Has a working knowledge of the determinants of industry change: legislation/regulation, technology, economic environments, competition and consumers.
- Has a working knowledge of training products and services, e.g., adult learning skills, curriculum development, instructional design, delivery and evaluation.
- Is aware of industry suppliers/resources - training and development consultants, instructional designers, project managers, and trainers/faculty.
- Strong business knowledge to understand key business drivers and identify skills necessary for our organization.
- Ability to establish credibility as an internal training and development thought leader.
- Exceptional critical thinking to help identify educational gaps, analyze findings and make recommendations while articulating next steps.
- Ability to translate strategic vision into tactical action, identify the highest impact ideas and plans and focus efforts by resource allocation.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
- Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Solutions and results oriented.
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter